Saturday, January 7, 2012

Still Going Strong

It's been a while! As I type this, I'm still in the bed, and that makes me a happy mommy. :) Russell is watching a movie (Home Alone 2--I'm so proud!) and Ricky is still at work. On his job front, he is now on his THIRD year of working overnights. That is the majority of Russell's life! It was supposed to be "temporary". We gotta catch a break sometime, right? I know it will happen when the time is right, but for ME, the time has been right for a few years! We're definitely being forced to practice patience during this time.

I'm still going strong on Weight Watchers and to date have lost about 52 pounds and have lost 47 INCHES. The inches part always validates me more than the pounds. I still have about 25-30 pounds I'd like to lose before we try to get prego. I can do it! Several coworkers have joined WW recently and I think that will hold me more accountable. I hear them talk about exercising and know that I'm not doing all I could to get to where I want to be.  Here are a few before/after pics: 

Can't get this to rotate for some reason, but this was just recently.

February 2011 - A couple days after starting Weight Watchers - WOW - That's embarrassing!

Can you tell a difference?  I can!  50 pounds later... And I just had to take a pic of my old PJ pants--haven't been able to fit into them in years!!!  :)
 
The new semester at school just started and it appears that I've got a good group to work with! :) The first three days are so exhausting though because I have to get my bluff in with them and "put the fear in them" so to speak. If only they knew I was not a crazy mean lady...haha! But one thing that really inspired me as a teacher yesterday was with my Computer Technology students. The students I've had in the past could answer every review question thrown at them and their typing technique was impeccable. I was so proud! And I let them know that I noticed...you could just see their face light up like, "Wow, I really did learn something in here." That was the validation I needed to keep being a crazy nagging "mean" lady and force my new keyboarding students to keep their keyboard covers down and type each key with the CORRECT finger!  So evil...I know.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment